Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Embracing the Cross

I know I haven't been around for a while- busy birthday festivities and such :) (I like to celebrate my birthday for about a month... I'm your typical Leo.) Tonight we are going to a show at my hometown Shakespeare Festival. They always do amazing productions, and I haven't been to one for a few years now, so I'm looking forward to it. We're going to picnic first, at the grounds where the show is. It overlooks the beautiful Hudson River with West Point on the other side. (This is also the town in which I grew up. I am so darn lucky.)

Anyway, I have to get going soon, but wanted to share this first. Just stole it from "All You Who Hope," but it is so fitting for the overall theme of my blog (if I even have a theme).

Your Cross
The everlasting God has in His wisdom foreseen from eternity the cross that He now presents to you as a gift from His inmost heart. This cross He now sends you He has considered with His all-knowing eyes, understood withHis divine mind, tested with His wise justice, warmed with loving arms and weighed with His own hands to see that it be not one inch too large and not one ounce too heavy for you. He has blessed it with His holy Name, anointed it with His consolation, taken one last glance at you and your courage,and then sent it to you from heaven, a special greeting from God to you, an alms of the all-merciful love of God.
-St. Francis de Sales

4 comments:

allyouwhohope said...

Is today your birthday? Or tomorrow? Anways, I hope you have a great birthday!!

This_Cross_I_Embrace said...

Hehe... it was last Friday (July 25), but we could only get tickets for tonight. Thanks for the birthday wishes!

andnotbysight said...

Ooh, that sounds like such fun! And Happy Birthday a little late!

Beth said...

Happy Birthday! :)