Thursday, June 5, 2008

New Clients!

So I got my first referrals from Dr. J today, for new Creighton Model clients :) I'm stoked! The Intro I just scheduled will be for a new client that is neither related to me nor a friend nor a co-worker! (After the 1st Education Phase, we needed to get a minimum of 6 clients before Education Phase II... let's just say it's a good thing I have 3 sisters!) So my "business" is finally taking off now. I'll be super busy next week getting the office ready upstairs. We live, right now, in a large 2-bedroom apartment which is attached to my in-laws' house. Not the ideal living situation for the daughter-in-law/mother and father-in-law relationship, but it does allow us a fenced-in backyard, a porch, a garden, and a swimming pool that we would definitely not be able to afford if we were to look for properties right now... but I'm getting off on a tangent.

There are 2 apartments upstairs, as well, a studio and a 1-bedroom. The 1-bedroom has recently been furnished for my husband's and his father's business (they used to work out of the main house). But now with the Creighton Model FertilityCare Center, I'll also be using that office. I ordered a whole bunch of materials, mostly brochures and a couple of copies of the book "Women Healed" from the Pope Paul VI Institute, so that at any given time I can give the information to any clients that need it. I can't wait for my order to come in the mail!

In the meantime, somewhere between the end of the school year, fertility treatments, rehearsals with my singing group, residual TTC depression, and just plain ol' "summer is approaching" laziness, my house has become a DISASTER!! Seriously, it's embarrassing. I have a lot of work to do in order to get this place looking halfway decent. I will finally have time to do that after the 20th (last day of school). The 20th is also the date of my Practitioner's Baby Shower, which I am SO excited for, as well as a possible testing date for me (I thought it may be cool to test on the day of her shower which is in my hometown, and then while I'm at my parents' house that weekend I can make the announcement to my family). Of course, I always have these dreams of how and when to tell people, every month, just in case. I feel that it keeps me focused, with my eyes on the prize so to speak. It doesn't get me upset in the least, so it's technically not getting my hopes up like I vowed not to do this cycle. If I don't get my act together and ovulate soon, though (correction: if my ovaries don't get their act together), then the 20th may end up being too early to test :( Then again, if I have a 10-day post-Peak phase again, I won't even make it until the 20th.

Well, one thing's for sure. I will have absolutely no reason to test if I don't start USING some of these fertile days I've been having this week... so on that note, I am signing off ;) ;)

2 comments:

wanttobeamom said...

Congratulations on the client!

I hope you're using a fertile day right now!

andnotbysight said...

Hooray for the new client! That's so exciting. And, hey, I didn't know you sing! I do, too!