Thursday, May 29, 2008

Things are Looking Up

Had my appt. with Dr. J today. First one since the surgery (4/4/08). Of course, I just saw her at the Creighton Model Practitioner training, so it doesn't feel like I haven't seen her since March, but when we got there I realized just how much we had to catch up on.

I asked about the hair loss thing. It is most likely related to my thyroid. I don't know if that means I'll have to increase my dose of T3 or what... I'm on 15 mcgs twice a day now. But she wants me to do another cycle (starting today) of taking temps, just to see where we are in terms of that. Then, we're doing a mini-hormone series in the post-Peak phase to get a clearer idea of what's going on at that stage of the cycle... she's ordered bloodwork on P+5, 7 and 9. DH is going to get another seminal fluid analysis, to see if the Proxeed Plus "ingredients" have been helping at all (we bought the vitamins OTC online at a discount vitamin place, SO much cheaper than Proxeed). And we will start Letrozole next cycle, on CD 2.

She did mention that she's never personally had anyone get pregnant on Letrozole, but then again, she hasn't used it too much ever since drug companies were asking that it not be used for infertility (it's actually a breast cancer drug). But, she said the 3 clients that she had using it had not yet had surgery, AND once they were post-surgery, their prognosis was not as "good" as mine, and they have still yet to conceive. So I guess that means I have a chance with the Letrozole.

Finally, at the end of the appt, she asked if I had any other questions. I said, "Um, yeah. Just one last professional question. Now that I'm in SPII (Supervised Practicum II), do you need any Practitioners that you can refer patients to??" She immediately smiled (we had talked about the possibility of me working with the office back in November when I first started the course... but she said to wait until SPII since I would be more equipped to handle the harder-to-manage charts at that point). She got me some paperwork and W2s, and said we'll have an "office meeting" when she gets back from Rome!! I knew I lost my job for a reason. I mean, this isn't going to be a huge money-maker or anything, but at least I'll be doing something that I'm passionate about, and also able to feature NaPro Technology at my center :) I'm so excited!!!

In other news, my Practitioner (who went through surgery at the PPVI Institute, but had a lot more medical issues than I) is finalizing her Russian adoption in June, and will hopefully be getting her little girl in July!!! She already made a trip to Russia to meet her, and she is soooo precious. She's 3 years old. We are having a shower for her next month, I can hardly wait!!!!

Can't stay on too long tonight, LOST is on soon! I'm kind of addicted to that show. And tomorrow night SATC the movie opens! What a great week this turned out to be... I do believe the light is starting to filter in through this dark tunnel of mine :) Just goes to show, never give up hope. Trust in the Lord, and you will never be let down.

3 comments:

allyouwhohope said...

Yay! Lost! I can't wait to watch it, yet at the same time I'll be so sad that it's over and that we'll have to wait until 2009 for the next episode.

Don't you just love doctors appointments? I never thought I'd feel that way, but when you're dealing with infertility dr's appointments are like a lifeline. You feel like you're doing something proactive and progress is being made. I hope the letrozole works for you!

wanttobeamom said...

You really are having a good day! I have thought about going through the Creighton training too. I still have another year to work in my current job before I have fulfilled the contract I signed when I was hired. However, since I have a little one on the way I am seriously considering switching to a job that I can do from home...

Anyway, I'm glad things are starting to look up for you!

Betsy said...

That is so GREAT girlie!! I'm so happy for you! :D WOnderful things are headed your way!

Just wish we all lived closer together so we could go out for a MG SATC night on the town!