Saturday, May 3, 2008

The Fertility Diet

Along the way, some really great resources have presented themselves to me. Among them is the book "The Fertility Diet" by Jorge Chavarro and Walter C. Willett. It is specifically helpful for women with PCOS, and my NaPro Dr loaned it to me a couple of months ago. I am happy to say that I have implemented the diet and since doing so, feel much healthier than ever. Whole grains, natural fatty acids, whole milk products, and lots of non-meat protein sources are at the root of the diet.

I also came across a yoga DVD called Bend, Breathe and Conceive. I had been practicing a couple of hours of yoga per week for about 4 months now, and just purchased this new DVD before my surgery (haven't used it yet, but plan on trying it out tomorrow). For anyone interested in starting a yoga tape, I recommend taking 1 or 2 classes from a trained yoga practitioner before you begin practicing on your own, OR find a really great beginner's tape.

Haven't made it back in to my acupuncturist yet, since I'm still on my period. I hope to get in next week sometime. I'm fearful that if I do ovulate this cycle (the 1st cycle post-surgery), it will fall right smack in the middle of the time I'll be in NY for EPII (the second Education Phase for Creighton Model Practitioner training)! My poor husband may have to make a couple of trips out to NY that week, just so we don't waste the whole month.

Well, I am off to see Baby Mama at the movie theatres... I need a good laugh tonight :)

No comments: